Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lake Champlain Chocolates




Lake Champlain Chocolates
Burlington Vermont

With Valentine's day just around the corner, i felt it would be the right time to give you all alittle write up on one of the better hidden jewels I've found out and about, and is close enough to me to be local, and we all know how much i love things most don't know about AND local companies, so, anyway here we go..

.
About six months ago, I was reading an article in the Wall Street Journal (don't be hating, a fella's gotta be educated yo), and they were doing a list of the greatest places to in the united states where you can get chocolate and chocolate related products, amazingly, they listed their favorite as Lake Champlain Chocolates, a small chocolate shop from Burlington Vermont, not far from fabled Lake Champlain, which apparently is the home of not only Champ the Lake Monster, but also now some of the best chocolate I have ever had.


I bookmarked the website and i decided to save trying their products for a special occasion, after all, the middle of the summer really isn't the best time to have chocolate shipped to your home, well unless you want chocolate soup. So I waited until Christmas, I figured it would be best to wait until a nice cold winter holiday, plus, you know, stocking stuffer for the epic win. Lucky for me, they were having a pre-christmas sale, so I ordered myself and my mother 5 of their chocolate bars, i figured this'd be a good way to judge them over all of their fancy amazing types they make, if they can make a good bar, the rest has to be amazing, you know, the cadbury rule as chocolate lovers the world over call it.


I ordered; 2 African Blend Dark Chocolate, 2 Coffee Truffle, 2 Carmel, 2 Milk Chocolate, and because we're both massive peppermint fans, 4 Peppermint Crunch bars. I figured this would give me a good cross section of their work, being a giant fan of dark chocolate, the african blend being 80% is the darkest they had, and infact the darkest i've ever tried, the coffee was a lesser dark chocolate that was filled with a lovely coffee flavored ganash, the carmel is a lovely milk chocolate with house made carmel filled inside, a personal favorite of mine, the milk is also a lovely soft and melty rich chocolate that is like a lovely chocolate velvet, and the peppermint crunch, honestly, has to be the greatest peppermint chocolate bar i've ever had, its a lovely dark chocolate with big healthy chunks of peppermint generously littered through out the bar, I am so very glad i got us each two, otherwise i'd have been very sad once mine was finished. Seriously this was some amazing chocolate, I'm actually planning a second order in the near future, and maybe trying afew of the other things they have.


I tell you, if the rest of their stuff, ranging from organic chocolate, to coco powder, to old fashion drinking chocolate, which is, basically shaved chocolate, you pour into warm or hot milk to make hot chocolate the original way, it all looks very amazing, I honestly can't wait to try more! I encourage all of you to do the same!

----

Chris


2 comments:

  1. The dark chocolate was to die for!!!! good thing I didn't I would not have been able to try the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats from my mom, the biggest dark chocolate bar fan there is!

    ReplyDelete