Sunday, February 12, 2017

Grill 110




Grill 110
27 Trafalgar Square
Nashua, NH

 I had heard good things about Grill 110 in Nashua, lots of good reviews online, raves on local television shows about where to get the good foods at, all of that, so on a snowy, cold, pre-blizzard Sunday afternoon, i decided to check the place out, having recently found where it is while deciding it wanted to try a near by Five Guys. I got there when they opened at 11:30am, i figured with the weather coming in, it would be best to get there early as to not feel rushed or under pressure to eat and leave so they can turn the table quickly for more customers. If there is one thing i hate, its that. We were greeted at the door by the staff as we walked in, who happily and politely show us to a table in the far dining area, had we sat in the main area we'd have been able to see the open kitchen at work, i find the more and more I do these sort of things, I love stuff like open concept kitchens, I know that makes me sound like some uppity foodie douche canoe, but I like what I like. Our waitress' name was Janet, she was nice and friendly and seemed to comment on how some of the stuff we ordered were her favorite things. I like that in a waitress or waiter, if you know the food and are excited about it, and are willing to share your thoughts with others, that ensures a confidence in those you're waiting on, and gives them a trust in your thoughts that helps make the whole meal come together in a great way.



After a look at the menu, which, sadly I felt was rather small for the kind of image this place was trying to portray for itself, it was also abit to heavy on fish, which is fine if you're into fish, but I am not, for starters we ordered one of both kinds of chicken wings they offer, maple barbecue and buffalo, as well as a spinach and artichoke dip,  though i am sort of an authority on wings, I've never had a spinach and artichoke dip before, this looked really good and I was looking forward to trying it, as well as the wings. the food didn't take long to arrive, and i must be honest with you here, I am kind of hoping the guy who works on hot apps just had a bad start to their day, because the chicken wings, both buffalo and maple barbecue, weren't completely cooked, the smaller ones were, but the larger ones were stone cold and pink in the middle, after discovering this and bringing it to the attention of Janet our lovely waitress, she brought them back, when she returned with what we were told were fresh wings, we were both pretty sure they were the same ones, with the half eaten ones replaced, the rest simply microwaved and then doused in more sauce, this was very evident in the maple barbecue, sense they were literally drowning in a watery pool of their sauce. Now I am not saying thats how they always are, if you wanna try them you might get a different cook and a better experience, but I would be abit gunshy to try the wings at all after that. As for the Spinach and Artichoke Dip, that was a whole other story, it was possibly one of the greatest dips I have ever had, even now many hours later I am still wanting more! Its heated cheese mixture, i could taste cheddar, feta, swiss, and afew others, in a sauce with spinach and artichokes, served in a garlic buttered sourdough bowl, served with some tortila chips, honestly, this was one of the greatest things I've had in awhile, I wanna learn how to make my own, its truly amazing!

 

 For our main meals I had a Cajin Chicken Sandwich and my mother had a Roasted Apple Cider Pork Tenderloin, honestly, between the spinach dip and these two meals, I had already forgive them for the mess up with the wings, not enough to give the wings another chance, but still, enough to not toss the whole thing in the trash bin and go to McDonald's or something. My sandwich was a cajin seasoned and grilled chicken breast with a nice thick slice of applewood bacon, some pickles, melted swiss cheese and some honey mustard sauce, served on a pretzel roll, I'd never really had a proper pretzel roll before, this was delightful first for me, the sandwich as a whole was amazing, I loved every single bite, and i loved how my perfectly done fries came in a neat little frying basket, sure it wasn't one they were really fried in, that would be insanely hot and impossible to touch that soon out of the fryer, but still its an awesome touch! My mother's pork was rather amazing as well, her pork itself was so tender from being cooked in apple cider that it was almost as soft and melt in your mouth as a piece of prime rib steak, combine that with the caramelized apples and onions as well as the roasted brussel sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes, the dish was incredible, the whole time she couldn't stop talking about great the meal was, which honestly is not something she's known for doing. Seriously the main dishes were great, so happy with them, and so happy this place is more then just lazy half assed chicken wings.



Now normally neither of us are dessert at restaurant people, most of them are pretty generic and not all that great, so rather then get let down normally we don't bother, however, this time, this one time, we HAD too, both of us had this thing called The Peanut Butter Cascade, and yes, it tastes better then it sounds, which is truly something! The Peanut Butter Cascade is made of the following, peanut butter ice cream, served over a hot brownie with hot fudge sauce, peanut butter sauce, and covered in smashed up peanut butter cups, and if your blood sugar just spiked reading that, yes, it is worth the possible sugar coma you might go into for this thing. Again, I am not normally one for desserts, but my god this thing needs to be eaten, honestly if you ever go here, you must try it, you should go here just for this thing at the end, its something that 6 hours later, I am still tasting and wanting more of, honestly I can not talk this thing up enough! 



So the big question, is Grill 110 worth a visit? Well I would say over all yes, though I had afew issues, the mostly fish menu, and lack of actual items on said menu, and honestly they have a lunch and dinner menu, and you can't order everything from the lunch menu on the dinner one, which bothers me because there is a burger I would like to try called "The Cure" thats on the lunch one and not the dinner menu, those are just personal dislikes, however I would strongly advice against the chicken wings in general, sure it could have just been an off day for the hot apps guy, and I am willing to admit that could be the case, I just would honestly be gun shy to try them again given just how badly done they were, and honestly, if those sorts of things are the only serious issue I could find with a place over all, I think thats pretty good. So if you're in Nashua, and you wanna give them a try, go for it, hopefully you will enjoy it, and remember, try the spinach dip and get the peanut butter cascade at the end, you will go home happy, very very happy.


---

Chris

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time...minus the still clucking wings, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you be a virgin to both Artichoke and Spinach dip AND pretzel buns? You cast shame on fat food loving guys like ourselves everywhere. Lol. Glad you had fun bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, EVERYONE is saying that! LOL its just not something that was common up here in New England until recently, and the bun thing, well I kind of assumed it was just a fad thing and wasn't gonna be around for awhile. My bad on that yo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now i'm in the mood for pretzel bread!:) lol

    ReplyDelete