Sunday, July 14, 2013

Grill Em All




Grill 'Em All
Alhambra, California

Yesterday, myself and 5 other drove down to Santa Monica to the beach. We laid around in the sun, watched the ocean, and later walked the promenade a bit, nursing our mostly horrible sunburns. Later four of us decided to drive to Alhambra and visit a burger joint called Grill 'Em All. If the name doesn't give it away, this is a heavy metal themed burger joint and it totally lives up to it!


Grill 'Em All began as a food truck, and after winning a Food Network competition, they opened up a brick and mortar store, which makes them even easier to find! We couldn't hear much of the music playing inside because there was something going on outside that was pretty loud, but the atmosphere was good. Lots of metal themed stuff, like paintings, posters, and concerts playing, and the menu was just insane. All items on it had a metal twist- things such as the Napalm Death, Behemoth, Immortal, and Dee Snider. The burgers are big, with a ス pound of meat in every patty.

The Napalm Death Burger with Primate Fries
It took me about five minutes to decide on the Napalm Death, and a side of Primate Fries. My boyfriend ordered the Behemoth and the Pomme Fries, which we were about to find out really was a behemoth. I've had some good burgers, but this was easily the best burger I have eaten.

The Behemoth Burger with Pomme Fries
I started with a few bites of the fries, which are basically like In n Out's Animal Fries, but so much better. Then I took a bite of the burger, which was nothing short of amazing. The Napalm Death features pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, cream cheese, pickled jalapenos, jalapeno poppers, and habanero aioli. It was nothing short of amazing. Every bite I took resulted in more cheese oozing out from somewhere, and the heat was just right


My boyfriend has a tremendous appetite, but the Behemoth won. He managed to eat about 2/3rds of it but had to stop. The Behemoth is basically a big bacon cheeseburger, but with grilled cheese sandwiches as buns. Three sandwiches in one. Mattie vs Behemoth! Behemoth wins! The Pomme fries are just regular fries and he did quite a bit of damage to them.


The burgers are cooked medium rare unless you request otherwise, and are big, and juicy. Yes, its pricey for a burger joint but these burgers are worth every penny! We spent about $40 for our two burgers, two orders of fries, and 2 drinks. We got soda but they also have beer on tap and in cans, and margaritas. Service is friendly, outgoing, and very good. The owner came out and socialized with us, and the cashier who took our order hooed over my awesome lobster earnings. We had no complaints with anything there. Bathrooms are clean and single occupancy, and the place is nicely decorated staying with the heavy metal theme. We can't wait to go back again! 


 -------

Deb

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm famous! I'm famous! haha Seriously, best burgers ever! I am trying the Immortal or the Powerslave next time we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay.......now this is just made out of awesome. I must eat here....or die trying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha if anyone would wanna eat a metal themed burger joint it would be you Mike, you do after all live and breath metal and metal related accessories. I must admit, I wanna go there too, looking at the menu, its amazingly good sounding, i kind of hope they become a chain.

    Deb, thank you for being my first guest reviewer, you did a great job, and I really look forward to more in the future, and seriously, i wants me a Behemoth burger ASAP.... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! When I find a place I love, I happily pimp it to everyone who will listen, so this was a great chance to do just that! You never know who is going to come across what you post or where your audience will come from. :)

      Mike, if you're ever in the area, go for it! You will not be disappointed!

      Delete
  4. Metal themed burger joint with a burger that has grilled cheese for a bun? Oh mama take me now.

    ReplyDelete